GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
1. An overview of the case study involving ABC Discount and the United Guild of Pharmacists: 4-5 SINGLE-SPACED paragraphs summary of the case study.
2. A overview of the issues facing management and the union in these negotiations: 2-3 SINGLE-SPACED paragraphs discussing issues facing management and 2-3 paragraphs of issues facing the union.
3. An overview of the bargaining environment. For this section, you should research the internet…assume this contract is being bargained in Denver, Colorado…to identify external environmental issues that would affect these negotiations. Your overview should address the issues of supply and demand of labor for pharmacists in the market, market wage rates being paid to pharmacists, the competitive environment ABC Discount finds itself operating in, key legislative/regulatory issues impacting the pharmacy operation that may impact the bargaining between the parties, the general state of the economy and some comments about the internal issues facing ABC Discount. The research in this section does not need to be exhaustive but you do need to make an effort to identify elements in each of the mentioned areas. This section expects you to report on the market environment (see attached Labor Market Analysis PowerPoint) 2 SINGLE-SPACED pages in length.
4. COMPLETED Post to the appendix of your paper, the bargaining proposals your group developed for both union and management. This section doesn’t have a length as it is your list of proposals developed by your group for the union and for management. (see attached Union and Management proposal word document)
5. Thinking about bargaining power and the research from #3 above, what do believe is the respective bargaining power of the parties. Which party do you believe has the greater bargaining leverage? Why? This is an opinion/analysis area based on your research from above. About 1 page SINGLE-SPACED
6. Thinking about the potential that these negotiations could not be concluded in the course of normal bargaining, what “tactics” might the parties employ when negotiations break down to pressure the other side to accede to their demand. Be sure to define each of those tactics. Identify both the pros and cons of each tactic to the side deploying them. This section ask you to discuss what tactics might employee if you were the union and if you were management in the context of the case study and the bargaining environment…based on your research and discussion above…I am looking for your strategy and whether it is relevant to the bargaining environment not just simply a list of the types of tactics union’s and management engage in…does the tactic/strategy make sense for this bargaining environment. 2-3 SINGLE-SPACED paragraphs for the union tactics and 2-3 SINGLE-SPACED paragraphs for management.
7. Finally, if you were called in by the parties to mediate their negotiations what conclusions might you draw in terms of what you believe to be an acceptable settlement agreement that the parties should try to reach. Drawing on your earlier list of goals for the parties, prepare a list of 10 items you think should be in the final agreement. This section asks you to play mediator. With the case study in mind, your market research and the proposals developed in #4 above, if you were asked to mediate this dispute and suggest a recommended settlement to the parties that contained 10 items what would they be. I’m looking only for a list of the 10 items and a paragraph or two SINGLE-SPACED discussion as to why you arrived at this list.