GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
1) Select a news story
o Select a current headline news story and read the coverage of the same story
from three different news sources.
1) From the chart above select one news source from the left, the right, and
the center. You can choose whether you want to select from the
left/right source columns or the left/right leaning source columns.
o Answer the all of following prompts.
1) Summarize the news story you selected in your own words. Your
summary should neutrally convey the facts of the story. What happened?
2) Compare how the same story was covered across the three different
news sources you selected. How did the sources differ in their coverage
of the same story? How were they the same? Did an outlet seem
more/less biased to you compared to the other outlets? Why?
• Really push yourself to provide some critical analysis here.
3) Based on the NY Times article, “Biased News Media or Biased Readers?
An Experiment on Trust” (this article is assigned reading in the Media
module), do you think it is important for individuals to seek out varied
news sources, including sources that differ from personal bias? Why/why
not? Provide details from the NY Times article to support your answer.
4) Based on your experience and your comparison of news sources for this
assignment, which model discussed in the Media module (Market Model
or Propaganda Model) would you argue best describes the way the
mainstream news media behaves within the U.S. political system today?
Provide examples to support your argument.
• Due by 11:59pm on Monday, November 30th. No late assignments will be accepted.
• Please number your answers to the question prompts above in your paper.
• All 4 prompts above must be answered.
• There is no page minimum, but please do not go over 5 pages, double-spaced. Make sure you
comprehensively answer all of the prompts listed above.
• Your paper should have an original title.