GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
1) The first component of the Project asks that you analyze ONE(1) article from our course text, ‘philosophy-spiritually from non-violence in Theory and Practice’. These readings are contained in the PDF files below. For the analysis I would like you to use Samdhong Tenzin’s article, ‘Satyagraha in Tibet’ as a template of methodology. That is, use some of his analysis of a specific satyagraha campaign to help with your analysis of other such campaigns.
– The written analysis of the article should not exceed 300 words (about one and a quarter pages, double-spaced), and should include a brief description of the content of each article and provide a brief statement/outline of the pros and cons of each author’s presentation/position.
2) The second component of the project asks you to use the TOPIC below, research the position and methodology of ‘non-violence in action’ by a contemporary group (for suggestions, please see the examples below), and using the information you has collected in the analysis of the first component, suggest how you would make changes in the approach/tactics/strategies from the examples you have selected from below. Please use Samdhong Tenzin’s ‘Satyagraha in Tibet’ as a guide in your analysis.
– Please note the following: The terms tactic and strategy are often confused (but in this project, shouldn’t be): tactics are the actual means used to gain an objective, while strategy is the overall campaign plan, which may involve complex operational patterns, activity, and decision-making that govern tactical execution. Approach is identifying the problem.
– TOPIC- Nonviolent campaigns and organizations against development projects that displace or disrupt indigenous peoples and/or threaten the environment (e.g., the Narmada Dam in India; James Bay hydro-electric project in Quebec; clear-cut logging in B.C., Canada, the First Nations protest against development in Caledonia, Ontario…); Railway blockades by First Nations to stop the oil pipelines.
– Approach -Approach is identifying the problem
– Tactics-tactics are the actual means used to gain an objective
– Strategy- strategy is the overall campaign plan, which may involve complex operational patterns, activity, and decision-making that govern tactical execution
– This website maybe helpful. “https://www.cpt.org/”
Please Note: You must use proper citations within the project — Social Science (MLA) or Chicago Manual of Style methods of citations.
There is no requirement for the number of references.