GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
All answers must be in complete sentences. For example, “Because of the Industrial Revolution” is not an acceptable answer.
Begin your answer by restating the question. For example, if the question is “How is this reading relevant to the study of modern business,” then your answer should begin with something like, “The reading is relevant to modern business because…”
Most assignment questions can be answered in 2-3 concise sentences. Questions with multiple parts, or questions that ask you to compare/contrast multiple ideas will need to be longer.
Answers must be based on facts and concepts from the readings. In limited cases it may be acceptable to state your opinion, but only if that opinion is followed by explanations backed up by the assigned reading.
1. Explain how the interaction between the primitive nomadic peoples and the Sumerians could be considered “business.”
2. Did any of the ancient civilizations described in this module conduct business in order to make a profit? Give examples. What was the purpose of business in cases where it was NOT to make a profit?
3. Why might the Code of Hammurabi have aided the progress of business in the second millennium BC?
4. Is there evidence that any ancient civilizations had the idea of “labor” as something you could sell in return for money? If so, describe that evidence. If not, explain why not.
5. Why are so many of our modern American buildings such as banks, schools and courthouses built to look like Greek and Roman temples?
Short History of the Ancient World, by H.G. Wells
Greek and Roman Business, by Edward G. Engh