GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Answer eight of the following questions. Each answer is worth five marks. Answers must be at least three paragraphs in length. Provide examples to strengthen your answers. Answer the questions in your own words. Do not copy sentences and paragraphs out of the textbook, modules, or articles.
Questions: (choose 8, least three paragraphs in length for each 8 questions)
1. How does Karl Marx describe the role of law in capitalist society? In advanced industrial societies such as Canada and the United States, which groups influence the lawmaking process?
2. What are the strengths and weaknesses of deterrence as a method of controlling criminal behaviour?
3. Compare the following dispute resolution processes: 1) Ombudsman process 2) Arbitration 3) Adjudication
4. What are the differences between traditional, transitional, and modern legal systems?
5. Describe Emile Durkheim’s concept of ‘social solidarity’ and the changing role of law in society.
6. What are the strengths and limitations of law in creating social change?
7. How did Michel Foucault explain the changing nature of punishment from the ancient and medieval periods on up to the development of modern industrial society?
8. Describe the following factors that affect people’s resistance to social change: a) Social factors b) Psychological factors c) Cultural factors
9. What is the difference between formal and informal social control?
10. What are some of the myths and problems associated with law enforcement?
11. How does Max Weber define the relationship between law and rationalization in society?
12. What are the functions of legislatures and what are the problems with relying on elected officials as law makers?
Notes are going to be attached to use. And no outside sources, only notes. 8 questions with 3 paragraph per question, please try to adjust all 8 question with 3 paragraphs in 7 pages.