GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Answer the following questions. Each question should take 1 1/2 – 2 pages including references. Each question must have at least two APA references with corresponding in-text documentation as well.
You have learned several methods of skill classification. Select a motor skill and classify according to:
1. Environmental predictability
2. Task Organization
3. Importance of motor vs cognitive importance
Explain why each classification is an important consideration when selecting appropriate learning strategies for an early learner.
Practice variability affects motor learning. It is the assumption that to perform under variable conditions, such as attempting to make a golf swing, the learner needs to practice under a variety of conditions. In other words, only practicing at the driving range would not transfer well to a real game.
Overall, the variability of practice seems to be a critical learning and performance issue.
1. Provide an example of a specific motor skill that would like to teach.
2. After you have selected that motor skill, develop a three-week practice schedule, three days per week that shows the variability of practice.
3. In your own words, define the schema as it relates to motor learning, practice variability, and transfer of motor skills.
4. What is the schema that you are hoping the learner will develop about your skill?
Describe the teaching/learning dilemma of speed vs accuracy. Why is this concept fundamental to both the learning and performance of movement skills?
1. What is the most critical consideration when choosing between each?
2. What are the trade-offs the teacher and learner must consider?
3. Provide an example of applying this concept.
4. Explain your philosophy concerning the emphasis of each in a learning environment.
All learners go through various stages of learning from the beginning as early learners to advanced or elite.
1. Select a skill and illustrate how Fitts-Posner’s stages of learning interact with the Schema theory.
2. Where does the concept of degrees of freedom fit within this discussion?
Each of our lessons has incorporated a technology component into learning. Whether it’s feedback systems, digital measurements, or other innovative applications of technology to motor skill learning and performance, we live in a world that is dominated by the application of technology. Identify and evaluate one emerging use of technology used to enhance motor skill learning.
The length of this assignment should be 8 pages plus Title and reference page.