GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Assignment Sheet for the Analysis/Synthesis Essay Instructions for Turning in Your Essay:
Overview of the Assignment:
Purpose of the Assignment: you will write an analysis/synthesis essay using the following process: 1. formulate a synthesis question 2. explore alternative views regarding your synthesis question through exploring 3 relevant texts (song, podcast, film, literature, essay, news article etc
3. Summarize each of the 3 texts
4. Analyze the three texts- looking at differences in relation to the question you have posed.
5. Synthesize- looking for similarities in how the texts relate to the question posed
6. Conclude Audience for the Assignment: Educated adults who have not read the articles you will summarize, analyze and synthesize
Your essay should consist of 3-5 typed, double-spaced pages. Include these parts in your essay: Title
• Catch the reader’s attention with a creative, relevant phrase.
• Avoid a too-general title (for instance, “Educational Standards” or “Gun Control”). Titles should be longer than 3 words Introduction Present the synthesis question and hook readers.
• Identify the context of each article: author, title, original source, audience, purpose. The first time you mention an author, use his or her full name; after that, use last name only (review attribution)
summary of texts (3 paragraphs)
• Summarize the articles.
• No direct quotes in summaries. These are just the main ideas Analytical section (2-3 paragraphs )
• Discuss and develop your analytical points. Examine the texts’ parts and features: what the authors say and how they say it.
• Explore differences between the texts.
• remember: analysis is a close reading and breaking down the texts into little pieces Synthesis section (203 paragraphs)
• show similarities between the texts
• remember that synthesis is putting small pieces back together to form something new Conclusion paragraph
• Pull together your new insights.
• Leave readers thinking about your views.
Documentation (using MLA style) for all quoted and paraphrased information
• Include in-text citations and a Works Cited page. Tips and Reminders: • Use the Detailed Instructions in this assignment sheet as a checklist for your essay.
• Use Times New Roman 12 point with normal (MLA style) margins.
• Avoid trying to persuade your readers by asking them to reflect on rhetorical or hypothetical questions or situations.