END-OF-CHAPTER REVIEW: SHARING YOUR OPINION
1) Do current legal protections for offenders seem sufficient? Explain.
2) How important do you think it is for employees to obtain their own liability insurance?
3) Should parole boards be given broad discretion to making their decisions, or should they be required to follow stringent criteria that are set for them? Explain.
4) Do probation and parole revocation proceedings seem fair? Do you believe that the right of offenders should be safeguarded when on supervision? Do current protections seem sufficient?
5) Are there any likely pitfalls that might occur when using shaming techniques with offenders? What might be some of the pitfalls?
Five Constitutional Rights/and or Privileges an person on community supervision may have?
Questions For Thought
4) A current event that is an example of a boot camp violation that constituted an Eighth Amendment violation