GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Chosen Individual Paper should be about:
Larry Kramer. Born June 25, 1935. Died: May 27, 2020
Laurence David Kramer was an American playwright, author, film producer, public health advocate, and LGBT rights activist.
* Describe your selected person’s biographical background (i.e., experience).
* TIP: Research the individual’s background. This can include resume elements such as birthdate, location, education, and brief statement of their contribution to public health. (Reminder: biographical information can be easily plagiarized. Please do not copy from your biographical websites. Paraphrase or quote and cite everything according to APA.)
* Analyze the climate of the time period in terms of political, socioeconomic, environmental, and technological context in which this person worked.
* TIP: Research the barriers and issue of the time. Think about whether this person was up against resistance or if the work this person did was welcomed. (For example, if you were writing on Abraham Lincoln and the abolition of slavery, you would note that slavery was prevalent and accepted at the time, and the change was welcomed by some and rejected by others.)
* Examine the personal beliefs of your person that prompted this work.
* TIP: You are basically addressing the question: “Why did this person get involved with the issue at the time?” (In continuing the Lincoln example above, you would note that black people were considered property, not people; yet Lincoln believed everyone had equal rights regardless of skin color.)
* Examine how this individual overcame or confronted any adversities.
* TIP: Think about how this person overcame the barriers and issues. Questions to consider: What did the person specifically do? Did they have any allies? How did their actions succeed or fail?
* Describe the final outcome of this individual’s contribution to community or public health.
* TIP: Think about the importance of the contribution to community or public health at the time. Think about this question: What occurred as a result of this person’s action?
* Explain what the individual’s contribution did for overall community or public health at the time.
* TIP: Think about this question: What was the purpose for the community or nation? (In the Lincoln example, the explanation would involve a national recognition of human rights of all people, regardless of skin color.)
* Explain why this contribution was so important at that particular point in history.
* TIP: Think about this question: What made this important for our nation? (In the Lincoln example, you would answer the question: Why was it so important that Lincoln freed the slaves?)
* Analyze the impact of your individual’s contribution on today’s public health system.
* TIP: You are asking, “What happened as a result of this contribution at the national and community level?” For example, some elements you could address include:
* Did it change attitudes?
* Did it change protocols and policies?
* Did behavior change result?
* Did it add or eliminate laws?
* Analyze how this contribution is still relevant today.
* TIP: Was this contribution only applicable at the time it occurred, or is it still applied today? Why or why not? Explain your response.
* Examine how this contribution could support or be expanded for future community and public health benefits.
* TIP: Using solid critical thinking, look at the historical value of the contribution and examine how it could be used for the future (is it applicable to another health issue, can it lead to more policy change, could it promote advocacy work or public health laws, etc.).
The Significant Contributions to Public Health Final Project
* Must be ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style resource.
* Must include a separate title page with the following:
* Title of paper
* Student’s name
* Course name and number
* Instructor’s name
* Date submitted
* For further assistance with the formatting and the title page
* Must utilize academic voice. resource for additional guidance.
* Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
* Must use at least eight scholarly, peer-reviewed, and credible sources
* Must document any information used from sources in APA style
* Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style