GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Create an original thesis and write an essay addressing ONE of the following topics. Remember, you may use your book and notes, but no analysis from outside sources, including the internet. Your essay must have a clear introduction, body, and conclusion, and meet the standards of the university rubric, which is under course content. You must use specific instances from the text, include relevant direct quotations, and spell the characters’ names correctly as this is an open book/open/note examination.
1) Discuss Raskolnikov’s characterization. How would you assess his mental state, his morality, his politics? What is Dostoyevsky suggesting to the reader about society through this narrative about this troubled murderer? How does the reader react to Raskolnikov? What is his function in the novel? How does his education and writings affect his views?
2) Other characters also engage in “crimes” or transgressions in the novel, and face if not “punishments,” at least consequences. Discuss transgressions and consequences of two other characters in the novel.
3) Discuss the role of Christianity and morality in Crime and Punishment . How does the detective Petrovich fit into this narrative as well?
4) Discuss Crime and Punishment as a vehicle for social critique.
5) Discuss the female characters in this novel. What are their functions, and what does Dostoyevsky suggest about each gender through their experiences?
2. 25 percent: Provide a short analysis of one short story by Flannery O’Connor. You may use the study guide I sent you if you wish for guidance.
3. 10 percent: In a brief essay, comment on what you learned from the authors we studied regarding the nature of “transgressions” and “punishments” in literature. What did you learn from reading across several centuries and multiple literary movements? What author meant the most to you, and why?