GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
• Discuss the nature of “loyalty” and the conflicts associated with divided loyalty
• Articulate the ethical dimensions of “whistleblowing”
The purpose of this activity is to examine the concept of loyalty and its possible extreme of whistleblowing. Can you be both loyal to your organization while also being a whistleblower? This can be a difficult ethical decision as on one hand you need to do what’s right but on the other, being a whistleblower can put you at odds with your co-workers, your boss, or even the United States government. Think through what loyalty means to you and what does it take to be a whistleblower.
• Was Richard C. Cook loyal to NASA when he discussed the O-Ring problem? Why or why not?
• How could the Challenger disaster have been prevented in your estimation? Were the NASA engineers whistleblowers?
• Describe how whistleblowing may be an ethical dilemma and provide examples (refer to your readings or provide some first-hand examples).