GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Final Exam Short Answer Essay Questions – Fall Semester 2020
Section I: Questions 1-7 come from class lecture.
Section II: Questions 8-19 come from the online reading assignments.
Each question should be a minimum of 1.5 pages (can be longer). 1.5 spacing and 12 font.
A) Answer 7 of the 19 questions. You must include additional research not
included in the class lecture or reading material to support the answer to the selected question. Each Question should have at least three research citations other than from the class, “Pollution in a Promised Land,” “Between Ruin and Restoration and Professor Shuval’s article on Agriculture Roots of Israel’s Water Crisis.”
B) A minimum of five questions must come from questions 8-19! You may answer all the questions from section II, but if you chose any questions from section I, then only a maximum of two questions can come from this section.
C) Please copy the question (Highlight in Red) before answering. The questions can be in any order.
D) Research Citations must be cited correctly. Do not paste a URL! Any question without research citations will not be graded.
E) Only answer 7 questions. No additional questions will be considered for extra credit.
1) Explain the formation of the Dead Sea and the Sea of Galilee. Why are they from the same formation but completely opposite in characteristics?
2) Discuss the transformation of Animal Protection or Management laws under the Turkish, British and Israeli Administrations
3) Discuss techniques that Flora and Fauna use to adapt to desert conditions. Give examples for Flora and Fauna
4) Discuss the issue of the Fruit bat and why nearly all species of bats in Israel are Endangered?
5) What happened to major predators in Israel when the Jackal was left off of the Wildlife Protection Law?
6) The Carmel Mountains and Forests are under threat from Acid Deposition, explain the process of creating acid deposition in this region and be specific on why it happens in the Carmel and not 1000’s of Km east of the point of origin.
7) Discuss the Cultural Eutrophication of the Kinneret. Begin with the early settlers and the Hula. What factors in both areas have led to this
8) Although most immigrants had a biblical view of the land of Israel, there was a less glorified reality. What did they face upon arriving?
9) In “Conquering the Wilderness,” why did the early founders not place heavy emphasis on the biological, geological and zoological needs of the land?
10) What is Natan Alterman’s Lullaby referring to? “The sea of grains sway. The song of the flocks rings out. This is my land and her fields. This is the Valley
11) What evidence from the Bible indicates that once Israel was forested with numerous trees?
12) Although Yosef Weitz call Heinrich Mendelssohn an “Ocher Yisrael, could it be that he was correct? What were the reasons he made that comment, and
how could you support his thinking based on the time period.
13) Explain: “If Amotz Zahavi is the Father of the SPNI, then that makes Mendelssohn the Grandfather of the SPNI.” Also include Mendelssohn’s accomplishments to gain this title.
14) What events in Israel created the first water crisis in the Middle East?
What were some of the positive and negative aspects of the National Water Carrier?
15) Deputy Education Minister Yigal Alon presented the country’s environmental problems almost single handedly in 1973. Which issue did he completely neglect to mention and why?
16) What does the MAP project have to do with the amount of tar registered on Israel’s beaches between 1975-87?
17) Discuss the degradation of fertility of land from the late Roman period (late seventh century) through the end of the ottoman period (1917). Was this because of climate change or human intervention?
18) Discuss the human impact on Israel’s wildlife through interactions with domestic pets and invasive species.
19) How has Israel’s deep commitment to agriculture impacted our natural water resources? (Find preliminary material in this article by Professor Shuval. (https://www.greenprophet.com/2009/04/agriculture-roots-israel-shuval/)