GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
* Prepare an 3 page training tutorial for new nurses on the importance of nursing-sensitive quality indicators.
– This assessment requires you to prepare an 6 page training tutorial for new nurses on the importance of nursing-sensitive quality indicators. To successfully prepare for your assessment, you will need to complete the following preparatory activities:
* Select a single nursing-sensitive quality indicator that you see as important to a selected type of health care system.
– Conduct independent research on the most current information about the selected nursing-sensitive quality indicator.
– Interview a professional colleague or contact who is familiar with quality monitoring and how technology can help to collect and report quality indicator data. You do not need to submit the transcript of your conversation, but do integrate what you learned from the interview into the paper tutorial. Consider these questions for your interview:
– What is your experience with collecting data and entering it into a database?
– What challenges have you experienced?
– How does your organization share with the nursing staff and other members of the health care system the quality improvement monitoring results?
– What role do bedside nurses and other frontline staff have in entering the data? For example, do staff members enter the information into an electronic medical record for extraction? Or do they enter it into another system? How effective is this process?
For this assessment, imagine you are a member of a Quality Improvement Council at any type of health care system, whether acute, ambulatory, home health, managed care, et cetera. Your Council has identified that newly hired nurses would benefit from comprehensive training on the importance of nursing-sensitive quality indicators. The Council would like the training to address how this information is collected and disseminated across the organization. It would also like the training to describe the role nurses have in accurate reporting and high-quality results.
As a result of this need, you offer to create an tutorial orienting new hires to these topics. You also plan to incorporate into your paper the insights you learned from conducting an interview with an authority on quality monitoring and the use of technology to collect and report quality indicator data.
You determine that you will cover the following topics in your tutorial:
– Introduction: Nursing-Sensitive Quality Indicator
– What is the NDNQI®?
-What are nursing-sensitive quality indicators?
-Which particular quality indicator did you select to address in your tutorial?
– Why is this quality indicator important to monitor?
*** Be sure to address the impact of this indicator on quality of care and patient safety.
– Why do new nurses need to be familiar with this particular quality indicator when providing patient care?
** Collection and Distribution of Quality Indicator Data
– According to your interview and other resources, how does your organization collect data on this quality indicator?
– How does the organization disseminate aggregate data?
– What role do nurses play in supporting accurate reporting and high-quality results?
As an example, consider the importance of accurately entering data regarding nursing interventions.
* References: Cite a minimum of three scholarly and/or authoritative sources.
– APA: Submit along with the paper. Reference page that follows APA style and formatting guidelines.