GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Talking to Your Child About Drugs
You have a child that is 8 years old and in the 3rd grade. They participate in an after-school homework club, and do well in school both academically, socially, and behaviorally. There is little reported drug use at the school where your child attends. However, you understand that drug usage amongst children will increase as they approach middle school age and beyond. Based on this quite common parenting issue, respond to the following questions based on what the readings and research say are the best way to address this issue. Please note, this is not an opinion question, although you can include your feelings, beliefs and opinions about this issue, however, there is concrete steps and talking points that parents should address with their children and that content will be considered in the grading of this Discussion Board.
1. What age would you start the conversation, or dialogue with this child regarding drug use and drug prevention?
2. Why would you choose this age?
3. Would your talk be about drugs and what they can do to you physically, or would it be about more than that or something else?
4. What drugs would you discuss?
5. What would be 4 talking points you would address and emphasize in this conversation