GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
The final paper must be 5-10 pages, double spaced, 12pt font, with 1-inch margins. Your paper should be as valuable to you as possible. You have a few options: a) a paper analyzing some bit of interaction, b) a a report intended for a particular audience that educates and makes recommendations for ways to improve interactions in a particular setting (e.g. an office, doctor’s office, classroom, family setting, etc.), c) a critical review of the literature on some aspect of social interaction, or d) an overview of what is known about a particular form of institutional interaction and lessons for that industry.
If you choose option (a), you could transcribe your own recording or use an existing recording that is already transcribed.
Your paper will be evaluated according to the following questions, each of which will be worth approximately 10 points (for a total of 50 points).
1. Does the paper discuss a topic relevant to Conversation Analysis and Language in Social Interaction?
2. Does the paper have a clear thesis statement?
3. Has the paper supported the thesis through either (a) analysis of a recording of some type of interaction, (b) a discussion of prior literature on the topic, or (c) a combination of both?
4. Does the paper cite relevant written sources on the topic? No minimum number of references is required, but I would expect at least 4-5 and 10 wouldn’t be too many.
5. Is the paper written clearly, in formal style, avoiding typos and other grammatical errors?