GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
This is a book analysis. There is no page limit. Only instructions is to have two paragraphs (five sentences per paragraph) per question for fourteen questions. Questions below:
1. Describe Jeannette’s childhood, specifically her socialization or the process by which she acquired family values, information about social expectations, and survival strategies.
2. Based on textbook’s discussion of childhood socialization, how does Jeannette’s early childhood experience differ from that described by textbook or how is it similar?
3. Describe the Walls family from a systems perspective. How do they function in relation to their methods of communication? Summarize description of positive family functioning and the interaction between mezzo (family) and macro (agencies, job market, resources)
4. Summarize a learning theory that best explains the process by which Jeannette acquires information about appropriate behavior (reference the required text). Give examples from Jeannette’s account of her childhood to support your choice.
5. Describe Jeannette’s school experiences. Discuss play with peers, bullying, and teacher impact. Summarize the required text discussion of childhood socialization in the school environment.
6. Which of the following forms of child maltreatment best depicts Jeannette’s experience,
physical abuse, child neglect, or psychological maltreatment? Support your choice based on examples from The Glass Castle and the characteristics for child maltreatment given in the required textbook.
7. Erikson’s psychosocial theory is explained in the required text, discuss the significant
events that influenced Jeannette during the developmental stages of initiative vs. guilt; industry vs. inferiority; and identity vs. role confusion and her resolution for each developmental crisis.
8. Discuss two mental health problems that were present in the Walls family (one for each parent)
9. Describe the strengths and limitation of the Walls family; include a minimum of three strengths/limitations.
10. The textbook offers a description of several theories (functional, conflict, and interactionist) that may account for poverty. Select and discuss one (1) that helps you understand the Walls family’s economic status.
11. Based on your understanding of the theories of poverty (functional, conflict, and interactionist) answer the following question raised in The Glass Castle, “is homelessness the result of drug abuse and misguided entitlement programs, as the conservatives claim, or did it occur, as the liberals argue because of cuts in social service programs and the failure to create economic opportunity for the poor?”
12. In your opinion is the Walls family poor? If yes are they poor by choice or as a result of the failure of a macro system? You must provide evidence to support your opinion.
13. Summarize one peer reviewed article from a professional journal that will increase your understanding of social work practice with families living in poverty. The selected article can be research or practice based. However, your summary must specifically discuss assessment, prevention, or intervention with families living in poverty.
14. Reflections: Respond to the following, 1) Should the Walls children have been removed from their home? 2) What were the possible benefits and risk of removing them from the home? 3) How are your values the same and different from those of the Walls family? 4) What lessons did you learn about strengths in the mist of adversity?