GET HELP WITH YOUR ESSAY
If you need assistance with writing your essay, our professional Essay Writing Service is here to help!
Students should choose one (1) of the following films to review. Some are available in the library and others are available online, or in most video rental stores. Reviews are worth one hundred (100) points each.
Films for Review
“Dances with Wolves” Kevin Costner
“Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee” Aidan Quinn
“Eight Men Out” John Cusack
“Reds” Warren Beatty
“All’s Quiet on the Western Front” Richard Thomas
“1917” George MacKay
“Inherit the Wind” Spencer Tracy
“The Great Gatsby” (Either the Robert Redford or Leonardo DiCaprio version)
“The Grapes of Wrath” Henry Fonda
“Seabiscuit” Toby McGuire, Jeff Bridges
“Amelia” Hillary Swank, Richard Gere
“Schindler’s List” Liam Neeson
“The Boy in the Striped Pajamas”
“Tora, Tora, Tora” (Every big name actor of the late 1960s and early 1970s;-)
“Ike” Tom Selleck
“Patton” George C. Scott
“MacArthur” Gregory Peck
“Truman” Gary Sinise
“Fat Man and Little Boy” Paul Newman
‘Valkyrie” Tom Cruise
“A League of Their Own” Geena Davis
“Red Tails” Cuba Gooding Jr.
“Tuskegee Airmen” Lawrence Fishburn
“13 Days” Kevin Costner
“The Right Stuff” Scott Glenn, Ed Harris
“First Man” Ryan Gosling
“Apollo 13” Tom Hanks
“Glory Road” Josh Lucas
FORMAT FOR WRITTEN FILM REVIEWS
Reviews must be typewritten and double spaced.
1. Bibliographical information: List the title of the film. List the date
the film was produced.
2. Thesis: In four or five sentences attempt to explain the viewpoint of the filmmaker, his reasoning or way of thinking about the subject of the film.
3. Scope: In two or three sentences tell what this film is about. What is its topic? e.g. “This film looks at the various reasons the United States rebelled against the British.”
4. Summary of Content: In no more than a page summarizes the film.
5. Evaluation: Write a paragraph of your opinion of this film. Explain why you evaluate it as you do. BE CRITICAL. DID THE FILM MAKE SENSE TO YOU? DID IT ACCURATELY REFLECT HISTORY?
The review should be approximately one thousand (1000) words long and utilize two sources in addition to the film, one of which must be the text book (use the text book to provide context for the period covered by the film and any direct discussion the text provides of the film topic) and an online source which describes the film and its accuracy or inaccuracy (you can start with Wikipedia but DO NOT USE IT AS A SOURCE) or any other information you think augments your paper. CITE ALL SOURCES APPROPRIATELY AND PROVIDE A PROPER WORKS CITED PAGE.
It is expected that each paper will conform to the conventional rules of writing, plagiarism, which is the unauthorized use of the ideas and /or writings of others, will not be tolerated. Consult current English textbooks for proper paper format. Consult with English tutors or English faculty about grammar, sentence structure, usage, etc. I WANT INTELLIGENT, THOUGHTFUL, WELL-WRITTEN PAPERS. THIS IS NOT HIGH SCHOOL SO GET IT RIGHT!
As far as the textbook goes just get with me and I can get you what you need I don’t actually have the book yet but should very soon.